Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A stitch in time saves nine

One day I received a call from my elder sister asking me to tell her if there is any good dancing class in and around the locality. She told that her six year old little girl wants to learn dance and the best way to start that would be enrolling in professional classes that deals with the basics for the children. I recalled one that was known for good lessons and volunteered that I will take Pompom (my niece) there. So the following day we all went there and got the formalities over. I could gauge from the look of both the mother and the daughter that they did like the institute. Even I was happy of not disappointing the duo.


As months passed I just forgot about the whole episode until one day when my sister again called stating that the dance institute has closed suddenly without showing any reason. Pompom is very upset. The little girl is neither concentrating in school nor is eating well. Well that took me by great surprise for this kind of thing never happened in its last twenty years of its existence. I knew the two instructors there personally. The husband- wife was appreciated by the local people for their dedication, sincerity and sense of responsibility that they always exhibited. More than angry we were concerned about them. On reaching there I fell from sky. I learns that the husband and wife were neck-deep in debt. The income of the institute was good enough for them to make ends meet. So why did they take loan from others didn't make sense.


My driver who is a close friend of their driver as well told me the actual story. Of late the husband turned into an alcoholic and used to spend money in buying beverages mostly every day. Even the wife got swayed into the temptation. They got some friends who dropped very often and partying, smoking, drinking, drugs became their staple-diet. Obviously these things doesn't come for free. Whatever hard earned savings they had all went to drain.


They started asking money from students in the name of miscellaneous fees and when that didn`t work they took recourse to some other means to extract cash for buying liquids. No one has any clue where this two are at the moment. I feel they are in dire need of enrolling themselves into alcohol treatment center. It is only coming in contact with systematic and professional alcohol rehab facilities that they can put their life back to track. But I doubt if anyone has informed them about this aid to straighten their life. We can only hope for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment